The Site and the App are provided by Creative Sector Services CIC, (trading as "Creative United" ("we", "us" and "our"). For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, we are the data controller.
We understand that you do not want the personal information you provide to us distributed indiscriminately and here we explain how we collect personal information from the Site and the App, what we do with it and what controls you have.
We may change this policy from time to time by changing it on the Site and our App. If you continue to use the Site or the App after this time we will take your continued use as acceptance of the new terms. We may also notify you of changes through messaging within the App or Site and in our communications with you. This policy was last updated on 12 October 2015.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- information such as your name, date of birth, work and personal email address that you provide when registering either on the Site or when you first download and access our App;
- your preferred email address and chosen password details for account log-in verification and identification purposes;
- feedback you send to us, for example to tell us about a problem or to submit a question or comment about the Site, the App or our service;
- whether you have chosen to receive updates from us by email and/or through in-app messaging on the ArtsCard programme and the relevant Arts Partner offers available through the Site or the App;
- information on how you use our Site or App and which Arts Partner offers you show an interest in;
- information about your age, gender and interests from information you provide and from information derived from how you use our services; and
- information from surveys that we may, from time to time, run on the Site, App or via email communication for research purposes, if you choose to respond to, or participate in them.
You are under no obligation to provide any such information. However, if you should choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with certain services.
When you visit the Site or the App we may also automatically collect additional information about you, such as the type of internet browser you use, any website or platform from which you have come to the Site or App. This information is only used to help us in delivering an effective service on the Site and App and to collect demographic information for aggregate use about how visitors to the Site or users of the App interact with our services.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM OTHER SOURCES
We may also receive information from other sources. In particular, we may collect aggregated statistical information from our Arts Partners on the numbers of users of the Site or App that go on to book offers direct with them. This helps us to understand which offers are of interest to users of the Site and the App and to further improve the ArtsCard programme. You cannot be identified from this information.
USES MADE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will use the information you provide to:
- identify and verify your access to the Site or App;
- manage your registration with us;
- administer tools provided to you, such as your shortlist and communication preferences;
- provide you with access to listings of events and experiences available through Arts Partners;
- enable you to link through to the websites of Arts Partners so that you can book selected offers direct with the relevant Arts Partner;
- contact you, where requested, by email or messaging to provide user support and investigate any problems with your use of the Site or App;
- analyse the Site and App in order to build demographic information on how these are used so that we can update the content of the Site or App and provide more relevant information on experiences available through selected Arts Partners;
- produce aggregated, statistical information about the use of the Site or the App, such as the number of users, types of experiences viewed or selected. Individual users are not identifiable from this information;
- where you have consented, send you information about the ArtsCard programme and current offers available from Arts Partners that we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us; and
- improve the layout and/or content of the pages of the Site or the App.
You can tell us not to contact you after you have registered or at any future point by either changing your communication preferences in you profile page or by clicking on the unsubscribe instructions on any communications sent to you.
You can also stop all information collection by uninstalling the App from your device.
COOKIES & SIMILAR TECHNOLOGY
Cookies are pieces of information that include a unique reference code that is transferred to your device to store and sometimes track information about you on our Site. A number of cookies we use last only for the duration of your session and expire when you close your browser. Others are used to remember you when you return to the Site and will last for longer. Our app includes a unique in app code or 'tag' that measures traffic and user behaviours, such as a user following a link through to an Arts Partner Site to book an event.
- Strictly necessary
We use a session cookie on our Site so that users can move easily from one page to another within the Site and so that page requests are loaded in smooth manner.
We use functional cookies on our Site that enable you to store your preferences and selections either within your profile or in your experience shortlist.
Most device web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser settings to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You can also learn more about cookies and tracking by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org which includes additional useful information on tracking and how to block this using different types of browser or using the settings on your phone. Please note, however, that by blocking or deleting cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of the Site or App (as the case may be).
We may provide your personal information to our agents or contractors who assist us in providing the services we offer through the Site or App, including in fulfilling requests for information, receiving and sending communications, updating relevant content, analysing data, providing support services or in other tasks, from time to time. Our service providers and contractors will only use your information as directed by us and to the extent necessary to perform their functions.
We may share aggregated summary statistics with employers. This information will help employers to understand, at an anonymous level, information such as how many of their employees are using the ArtsCard programme. We may also disclose aggregate statistics on users of the Site and App in order to describe our services to prospective Arts Partners or other reputable third parties, but these statistics will include no personally identifiable information.
In the event that we undergo re-organisation or are sold to a third party, you agree that any personal information we hold about you may be transferred to that re-organised entity or third party.
We may disclose your personal information if legally entitled or required to do so (for example if required by law or by a Court order or if we believe that such action is necessary to prevent fraud or cyber crime or to protect the Site or the rights, property or personal safety of any person).
The Site or App contains links to external sites including those of Arts Partners. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of such sites.
We place great importance on the security of all personally identifiable information associated with our users. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control. For example, our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorised personnel have access to personal information. Whilst we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of information will never occur, we use all reasonable efforts to prevent it.
STORAGE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Information that you submit to us via the Site or App is sent to and stored on secure servers located in the United Kingdom. In addition, personal information may be transferred by us to the third parties mentioned in the circumstances described above who may be situated outside the European Economic Area (EEA). If we transfer your information outside the EEA in this way, we will take steps to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected. By submitting information via the Site or the App, you agree to this storing, processing and/or transfer.
You have a legal right under the Data Protection Act 1998 to a copy of all the personal information about you held by us. On request, we will provide you with a copy of this information, subject to a fee not exceeding the statutory permitted maximum. You also have a right to correct any errors in that information. As mentioned above, you have a right to prevent the use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
Please submit any questions, concerns or comments you have about this policy or any requests concerning your personal data through the App, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at:
London WC2R 1LA
Telephone: 020 7759 1111